Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blog#2

I really must say that I enjoyed the lecture and power point presentation on the world wide web. There were many things I did not even think about and there were many things that I learned and also benefited from. The information about the world wide web I found interesting is the absence of the letter "S" in the URL address that starts with "HTTP". "HTTPS" indicates that the web address is secure. The absence of the letter "S" simply means that the web address is not secure. Now that I know the diffference of a secure website from a non secure website, I have become more aware about the URL addresses that I visit on a daily basis. Based on the lecture on the world wide web, I have learned that the world wide web has its advantages and also disadvantages, which I am extremely grateful to know.
Reading "Teaching for Understanding" made me understand some of the reasons to why technology is so important in the classroom. In a nutshell, the main thing that I learned after reading the article is that technology stimulates the learning experience and allows students to think cognitively. Learning is about tying preconceptions to the exposure of new ideas, facts, things, and so forth.
The Netiquette is an interesting read. Everything mentioned in the Netiquette made me wonder if I follow the rules about writing an e-mail. I find it interesting that today's society is becoming more and more dependent on e-mail. I use to think people utilize e-mail to keep in touch with friends and family. Now, e-mail is utilized in so many different ways like turning in assignments for professors. I remember one of my past professors commenting on how technology is taking over the world. My professor also said that ever since the e-mail was invented, writing personal letters are rare.

No comments: