Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blog #3

Reading the article titled "Oh, the Changes We've Seen" made me think about how technology has evolved over the years. Come to think of it, technology has come a mighty long way. The article also made me think about the first time I was introduced to the computer. If I could remember, I was introduced to the computer during my elementary years where I was taught the basics. I remember playing Oregon Trail, a game that I always loved to play, trying to come up with different strategies in order to survive. Most of the time, I failed either because of the lack of food or the lack of medicine. I did not realize until later that the game was based on the descisions that I made. Playing the game a number of times made me realize that I had to make clever decisions. I remember how happy I was when I finally succeeded. The article mentions that students benefit from simulated and social interactive games because the games allow students to think critically and solve problems on their own (pg. 5). I love how the article ends explaining how the things done in the past impacts what will be done in the future, which also made me wonder about how technology will be thirty years from now.
This week I learned how to create a newsletter and rubric. Honestly, I always wondered how newsletters were made. I am extremely fortunate to learn how to create a newsletter for future use. Newsletters are very useful because newsletters keep parents informed about what is happening in the classroom. Rubrics are useful to both teacher and student. Teachers benefit from rubrics because rubrics help with grading. Students benefit from rubrics because rubrics help students know teacher expectations.

No comments: